Best of the Basics Airband Transceiver
The Yaesu FTA-230 is a compact, stylish, solid and affordable hand-held transceiver providing communication on the International Aircraft Communication Band.
The FTA-230 boasts 700 mW of clean audio output and it also provides 8.33 kHz synthesizer steps for the new narrow-band channel plan.
The FTA-230 displays information with our exclusive Omni-GlowTM display back-lighting for minimal degradation of your night vision. NOAA weather band monitoring, 8-character Alpha/Numeric Display, 150 Memory Channels, 100 “Book Memory” Channels, VOX, and Side Tone are just some of the many features provided. The channel configurations can be easily reprogrammed in minutes using the optional PC Programming Kit and your PC.
BNC Antenna Connection
- Re-engineered with a standardized BNC connection, the FTA-230 will now allow a quick, easy connection to an external antenna giving the user greater transmit and receive range and clarity.
Exclusive 12VDC charging sleeve
- The FTA-230 comes value packaged with the CD-59 charging sleeve. The CD-59 gives the operator the freedom to keep the radio powered on continuously while it is connected to a 12VDC source. The slim, form fitting design allows for easy radio operation.
Improved Channel Recall Flip-Flop feature
- The software has been updated with a new advanced channel Flip-Flop feature. The FTA-230 will automatically store up to 10 of the last channels used, and allow quick access to recall those channels with just a few simple steps.
- The FTA-230 was engineered for safety and durability. The radio is built around a solid die cast aluminum chassis with heavy duty gasketing throughout, allowing the radio to be submerged up to 3' for 30 minutes (JIS7 waterproofing standard) making this the most durable aviation transceiver on the market today.
- The FTA-230 can receive all 10 NOAA weather broadcast frequencies. The Automatic Active Weather Channel Locator automatically scans for active NOAA weather stations in your area when WX band is selected. The FTA-230 includes a special feature that sounds an alarm when the special "Severe Weather" alert tone is received from a weather broadcast station. This can warn you of potentially hazardous flying conditions.
- 5 watts TX Output Power
- BNC Antenna Connector
- DC Sleeve Charger included
- Loud Audio (700mW)
- 250 Memory Channels
- IPX-7 Waterproof Standard Submersible to 3 feet for 30 minutes
- Supplied with a 1400mAh Ni-Mh battery, AC/DC chargers with cradle, and headset adapter
- Huge channel display
- VOX operation
- NOAA Weather Channel Receive
- RX Battery Saver
- One touch emergency frequency
- Backlit Keypad and display
- PC Programmable
Click to View on Yaesu Website