Rugged Radios in Arroyo Grande is seeking a creative, bright, articulate, and collaborative person to join our marketing team full time as a Social Media Specialist II.
We are looking for a driven Social Media Specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and network users. The goal is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
Social media specialists should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. You are responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand and “soft selling” the product by providing support to current and prospective customers.
This individual will help produce a wide variety of projects across multiple areas of focus such as Social Media, Graphic Design, Photography, Videography, Email Marketing, and other Ecommerce platforms.
The ideal candidate will be diligent, and able to multitask quickly and efficiently.
This is not a remote position. To be successful and collaborative, the applicant must be willing to work on-site in our Arroyo Grande, California headquarters marketing department.
Rugged Radios is the top brand for 2-way communications in the off-road racing industry. In addition to supporting various off-road race series, we attend many of the largest off-road trade shows in the United States.
- Generate original and creative content for Facebook and Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and various other platforms
- Communicate with followers, responding to queries and comments
- Produce product & lifestyle photography and video and copywriting for social posts and blogs
- Write, edit, publish, and share engaging content (e.g., original text, photos, videos, and news) geared toward off-road communications
- Collaborate to ensure social media campaigns and postings are executed to the highest standards
- Blog content feature and technical writing
- Experience with the off-road recreational vehicle industry and or any industry specific arena from which we operate
- Degree in Marketing or relevant field or in process of completing a degree or diploma-which may be substituted for “Real world” social media experience
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills across Company work groups and departments
- Fundamental experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google Workspace
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere
- Available for occasional travel to various off road races and trade shows
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Ad Words highly desired